Governors Stand Up to the Gun-Grabber-In-Chief
The Biden administration is probably the most anti-gun administration that the country has ever seen. Joe Biden and the current Democratic party are mired in hatred. Hatred of America. Hatred of American history. Hatred of American traditions. Hatred of anyone with whom they disagree. Hatred of the Constitution in general and the Second Amendment (2A) in particular. If Americans love their country and want to save it, they need to stand up and fight back. Many of our governors are doing just that.
For those who are not clear on the gun-control issue, it’s not about impeding criminals or increasing public safety. Gun-control is about disarming Americans so that they may be more easily controlled. Pretty much everything stated by gun-control extremists, which includes the current Democratic party, is untrue. Tucker Carlson provides what I believe to be a very complete description of the fraudulent Democrat gun-control strategy in this short video.
The Biden administration is skirting around congress and using executive orders to infringe on the 2A protected rights of all Americans. The White House says this is only the beginning. The Biden administration is attempting to gain confirmation of a radical anti-gun extremist to head the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF). If you’re not familiar with David Chipman please watch Tucker Carlson’s video linked above.
Some governors are acting and beginning to fight back:
- Texas Governor Greg Abbott (R): “Biden is threatening our 2nd Amendment rights. He just announced a new liberal power grab to take away our guns,” “We will NOT allow this in TX. It’s time to get legislation making TX a 2nd Amendment Sanctuary State passed and to my desk for signing.”
- Alaska Governor Mike Dunleavy (R): “Biden’s actions won’t save lives or stop criminals and would only “disarm law abiding citizens. Alaska is a Second Amendment sanctuary state, and we will be evaluating our options,”
- Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds (R): “I think it’s out of control and it’s obvious that they can’t get it through Congress and so he’s acting on his own. He’s doing it at a rapid speed. There has not been another president, I don’t think, in history that has implemented the number of Executive Orders that this president has implemented. And the hypocrisy of running as a uniter and a president that was going to bring both parties together and heal this country, he has done anything but that. He is continuing to divide the country and he’s doing it through these outlandish Executive Orders.”
- South Dakota Governor Kristi Noem (R): “Biden claims that his actions won’t infringe on the 2nd Amendment. That’s false. Taking away guns with Red Flag laws is an infringement. Placing new limits on firearms sales is an infringement. Curbing ammo purchases is an infringement.”
- Idaho Governor Brad Little (R): “Idaho will not stand for President Biden’s unilateral actions to erode your Second Amendment rights. Idaho’s Congressional delegation and I are in lockstep in our opposition to the President’s actions and his direction to Congress to strip law-abiding Americans of their constitutional right to keep and bear arms.”
- Wyoming Governor Mark Gordon (R): “Wyoming is, has always been, and will continue to be a state where 2nd Amendment rights are recognized and protected. I oppose any orders or actions imposed from the federal level that infringe on this fundamental right. Today I signed HB 236 which prohibits financial institutions and payment processors in Wyoming from discriminating against firearms businesses engaged in lawful commerce.”
Missouri Governor Mike Parson (R) recently signed a bill into law that bars local law enforcement from enforcing federal gun control laws that violate Second Amendment rights. After being threatened by the Department of Justice (DOJ), Missouri Governor Mike Parson and Attorney General Eric Schmitt responded with a letter promising to “fight tooth and nail” for Missourians’ Second Amendment rights.
Almost all gun-control laws infringe on the Second Amendment, one doesn’t need to be an expert on constitutional law to understand this. The problem is that politicians tend to ignore the Constitution as it serves them, and Americans too often tend to tolerate this. We have three distinct branches of government for a reason. We either have a Constitution or we do not. The question is again in what kind of country do we wish to live?
The right to self-defense is a basic human right. Gun ownership is an integral part of that right. If you want to keep your rights defend them by joining San Diego County Gun Owners (SDCGO) in San Diego, Orange County Gun Owners (OCGO) in Orange County, San Bernardino County Gun Owners (SBCGO) in San Bernardino County or Riverside County Gun Owners (RCGO) in Riverside. Support the cause by listening to Gun Owners Radio live on Sunday afternoon or on the internet at your leisure. Join the fight and help us restore and preserve our second amendment rights. Together we will win.
©2021 Joseph T Drammissi