Welcome to the San Diego County Gun Owners (SDCGO) new blog page. The purpose of this page is to promote discussion of issues that are of interest to gun owners not only in San Diego County but also throughout California and across America.
This page will offer posts written by SDCGO Board members as well as items written by SDCGO general members and others who are active within the gun owner community. We also encourage readers to comment on and contribute to discussions relating to each post.
As gun owners in California, you’re probably aware that our second amendment rights are under aggressive attack and have been for some time. There are more than enough gun owners in California to restore and defend our rights. The key to this is involvement. All gun owners have a responsibility to help restore and defend our rights. The anti-gun fanatics are organized, determined, and well funded.
The following are three ways in which you can get involved in restoring and preserving your rights:
- Involvement at the Local Level – Like all of you, I only have so much time and money to devote to this effort. While I support organizations at the state and national level, I choose to put the bulk of my time and money to work locally. I do that through membership in SDCGO. SDCGO works to elect second amendment friendly leaders to city councils through the county. In addition SDCGO works to educate and organize the gun community so that we can restore and protect our rights. All San Diego County gun owners should belong to SDCGO.
- Involvement at the State and National Level – Whether you agree with everything they do or not, the National Rifle Association (NRA) is largely responsible for us still having our second amendment rights. All gun owners should belong to the NRA. The California Rifle and Pistol Association (CRPA) is our first line of defense at the state level and actively fights for our gun rights in Sacramento. All California gun owners should belong to the CRPA.
- Education – There is a tremendous amount of misinformation being propagated by the media and the anti-gun groups. Many people lack a solid understanding of guns and of the issues that face gun owners in California. By participating in this blog we can help one another understand the issues. By sharing this blog and engaging others, we can help educate those outside our community. This is one of the best ways in which we can restore and preserve our rights.
I hope you’ll decide to support the above organizations and to become involved in the effort to restore and protect our rights in California. In addition I hope you’ll choose to participate in this blog and share this information to help educate and inspire others. In the mean time please consider and share your thoughts on the following:
- Are you actively involved in the San Diego gun community?
- What shooting sports do you enjoy?
- How can you help educate people in your daily life?
©2017 Joseph T Drammissi