Hell Yes, We’re Going to Take Your Guns – Meet H. R. 127
Meet H.R. 127, also known as the Sabika Sheikh Firearm Licensing and Registration Act. This grotesque piece of anti-Second Amendment (2A) legislation was introduced in the House in January by Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-TX). This bill effectively destroys our 2A protected rights, but the real purpose of H.R. 127 is to lay the foundation for that holy grail of the Democratic Party: gun confiscation. All Americans should take notice.
Sabika Sheikh, for whom the bill is named, was an exchange student from Pakistan. Sabika had the misfortune to be in attendance at Santa Fe High School in Santa Fe, Texas the day a murderer opened fire and killed ten people including Sabika. The party having no shame exploited the death of a young girl by attaching her name to this latest gun control bill. Ironically, it’s the party whose policies encourage these tragedies. Gun free zones need to be abolished but that’s a subject for another day.
I encourage all gun owners to read this bill as it’s not very long (at the moment) and everyone should know what the Democrats intend to do. The following are some highlights:
- The Attorney General, through the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, shall establish a system for licensing the possession of firearms or ammunition in the United States, and for the registration with the Bureau of each firearm present in the United States
- The firearm owner shall provide:
- The make, model, and serial number of the firearm
- Date the firearm was acquired and where the firearm is or will be stored
- The Attorney General shall establish and maintain a database of this information and make this database accessible to all members of the public, all Federal, State, and local law enforcement, all branches of the military and all State and local governments
- A license issued by the Attorney General shall be required for all firearms possession
- Individuals must be 21 years of age to apply for the license
- Individuals must undergo a criminal background check, a psychological evaluation, and undergo at least 24 hours of training certified by the Attorney General
- Individuals will be required to purchase firearms liability insurance from the Attorney General for a fee of $800.
- It will be unlawful to possess a standard capacity magazine
- Violations include fines ranging from $10,000 to $100,000 and imprisonment from 1 year to not more than 20 years.
There’s more but you get the point. If this isn’t enough to convince all gun owners to get up and finally do something, then there really isn’t any hope for the country. If this bill or anything like it ever becomes law, gun ownership in America is over and the end of our country won’t be far behind. Registration is always the first step to confiscation and that’s what this bill does. The time for “I don’t like politics I just want to shoot my gun” is past. If you want to keep your guns and ultimately your liberty and freedom the time to act is now.
Unfortunately, the surest path to victory over these people is through the Republican Party, it really pains me to say this but its reality. These people need to be stopped politically. There are well over 100,000,000 gun owners in this country, our numbers are overwhelming and if we would just get involved there wouldn’t even be a gun control debate.
The current Republican Party is weak, disorganized and generally broken but there are some good people in office. All office holders need to be pressured to stand up and fight for the country. Those that won’t should be voted out and replaced by people who will. There are also some good Democrats in office, the same pressure should be applied to them.
Support as many 2A advocacy groups as you can. We have the power of over 100,000,000 votes, we can win. Get involved in local politics. Learn which local politicians are good and which ones are not. Work to support the good ones and remove the bad ones. Learn about your local, state, and congressional representatives and support the good ones and work to remove the bad ones. Get involved. We can win but we need to be engaged.
The right to self-defense is a basic human right. Gun ownership is an integral part of that right. If you want to keep your rights defend them by joining San Diego County Gun Owners (SDCGO) in San Diego, Orange County Gun Owners (OCGO) in Orange County, San Bernardino County Gun Owners (SBCGO) in San Bernardino County or Riverside County Gun Owners (RCGO) in Riverside. Support the cause by listening to Gun Owners Radio live on Sunday afternoon or on the internet at your leisure. Join the fight and help us restore and preserve our second amendment rights. Together we will win.
©2021 Joseph T Drammissi