The Contracts Committee of the 22nd Agricultural Board presented a recommendation today to institute a moratorium on the Crossroads of the West Gun Show for 2019 at the Del Mar Fairgrounds while they consider the following five issues:
- Consider gun shows for education and training purposes while banning guns and ammunition
- Have gun show contracts aligned with state and federal law
- Have enhanced security plan for future gun shows
- Consider age appropriate for gun shows
- And conduct and audit involving firearms laws
After 5+ hours of public testimony, the Board voted 8-1 to adopt the Committee's recommendation.
In other words, the Fairgrounds staff has up to one year to propose a policy of having a gun show
without any guns
. The sale of firearms would, in theory, still be allowed, but firearms would not be allowed on the premises.
This will ultimately result in the end of the gun show at the Del Mar Fairgrounds.
Don't lose hope. We're still tirelessly fighting for your rights, but your support is more important than ever.
Become a member today. Together, we will win!